GSA 8(a) STARS III
GSA's 8(a) STARS III GWAC is now designated as a Best-in-Class contract vehicle by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
8(a) STARS III is a small business set-aside GWAC that provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large, diverse pool of 8(a) industry partners. This next-generation GWAC builds upon the framework of 8(a) STARS II and expands capabilities for emerging technologies and outside the continental United States (OCONUS) requirements.
- The 8(a) STARS III GWAC ordering period is a five year base with one three year option. This ordering period began on July 2, 2021.
- The ceiling for 8(a) STARS III is $50 billion.
- 8(a) STARS III allows for fixed price, time and materials, labor-hour or a hybrid blend of these task order types.
- The contract access fee for the 8(a) STARS III GWAC is .75%, the same as GSA Schedules.
- The contract includes two sub-areas, one for emerging technology and one for OCONUS requirements.
- Allows for long term planning of large scale program requirements
- Enhanced opportunities for 8(a) firms
- Offers flexibility of contract types to mitigate risk
- Offers access to a pool of contractors with additional industry credentials
- Facilitates integrated IT solutions
- Enables federal clients to earn 8(a) small business credit
- Saves time and money by reducing procurement lead time
- Promotes contract compliance and reduces risk of adverse audits
- FAR 16.505 Fair Opportunity process supports best value awards
- Minimizes protest risk and supports timely order award for optimal mission support
SCOPE AREAS OF GSA 8(a) STARS III include:
- Data Management
- Information and Communications Technology
- IT Operations and Maintenance
- IT Security / IT workforce augmentation
- Software Development
- Systems Design
Emerging Technology-Focused IT Services
- Artificial Intelligence (including Machine Learning, Deep Learning/Neural Networks, Natural Language Generation)
- Autonomic Computing
- Blockchain / Distributed Ledger
- Quantum Computing
- Robotic Process Automation
- Technological Convergence
- Virtual Reality (including Augmented Reality, Extended Reality, Mixed Reality)
|Contract Period of Performance||July 2, 2021 – July 1, 2026, with one 3-year option
Period of Performance can go 5 years beyond Ordering Period End Date
|Prompt Payment Terms||Net 30 Days|
GSA 8(a) STARS III Program Manager
|GSA 8(a) STARS III Website||Visit Website|