Software Engineer IV
Fort Belvoir, VA
Salary: $135,000.00 to $150,000.00 /hour
Matlock is in need of an innovative, Software Engineer, fulltime position. We are looking for a top performer whom has attention to detail. The Software Engineer serves as subject matter expert for all computer and software related aspects of assigned program.
Matlock is working with the Army in technology development. The Army program is in support of the Soldier Precision Targeting Devices (SPTD) under PM SSL.
Must possess a current final Secret clearance with the following desired qualification:
Must have one of the following:
American Software Testing Qualification Board (ASTQB) software certification
Certified Software Tester (CSTE)
Certified Associated in Software Testing (CAST)
Required Past Experience
- MS Computer Engineering or MS Computer Science or MS Software Engineering
- 20 years relevant experience.
- Has the breadth of experience and knowledge, and recognition in the Computer Engineering community, to lead engineering efforts on assigned programs, and work independently with minimal oversight from the Government Lead.
- Serve as consultant to other team members and mentor workforce on software related test plans, test procedures, software requirement and interface specification, software design document, test scripts, computer related hardware and software specification requirements.
- Evaluate computer HW/SW engineering technologies used on past programs and establish new and innovative engineering strategies.
- Performs engineering and scientific work involving the design, development, and operation of man portable computer systems, including hardware and software and their integration with other systems and peripherals.
- Translates military operational and mission requirements (ground, sea, air, and space) into practical computer hardware and software design performance requirements for dismounted operations.
- Participates in post awards, program reviews, design reviews, and IPTs as the computer specialist on assigned programs.
- Evaluates and conducts design efforts from a computational viewpoint to ensure integration of all required computer related products and adequacy of the analyses
- Prepare and reviews software related test plans, test procedures, software requirement and interface specification, software design document, test scripts and test reports on technical adequacy on assigned programs, for both government and contractor testing, as well as related failure reports.
- Reviews and evaluates system performance against computer related hardware and software specification requirements, monitors and assesses field performance, and assesses risk of meeting user and specification requirements.
- Provides computer engineering development and coding support with extensive knowledge of 3rd and 4th Generation languages such as C, C++, JAVA, and Python.
- Extensive experience with Windows 10 and Android operating systems (Android 4.4 & 6.0), focused on the development and integration of dismounted Soldier related products for the mobile/handheld devices and support equipment.
- Prepares and evaluates computer hardware and software security strategies for requested programs.
- Extensive experience in software quality monitoring and software testing of embedded software in dismounted Soldier weapon and mission command systems.
- Extensive understanding of the DoD standards guiding the development of computer hardware and software policy, requirements, integration, engineering, and testing.
Perform security, analyses and risk/vulnerability assessments of computer hardware and software.
Location of position: Fulltime position at Ft. Belvoir Virginia with quarterly travel possible.
Great support Healthcare coverage, medical, dental and vision benefits
An excellent Simple IRA investment plan
Personal time off package