Senior Satellite Engineer
San Diego, CA
Matlock and Associates, LLC
3033 Wilson Blvd. Suite700, PMB #117
Arlington, VA 22201
At Matlock & Associates, our mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for our passionate customers; a foundation for incredible impacts. We are passionate about connecting the perspectives of humanity in a way that influences and fosters positive change. We take it personal and we get close, we go all in with those affected by our work. The people we help, the missions we support, they change things, they push societies to a better place. We protect those brave and rare customers who strive to make others’ lives better.
Matlock is in need of an innovative and detail-oriented Senior Satellite Engineer for an integration engineering and engineering design project for the Relay Ground Station Asia System for Naval Information Warfare systems Command (NAVWAR), Naval Information Warfare center (NIWC) Pacific.
The Relay Ground Station-Asia (RGS-A) will enable the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Next Generation Space Based Infrared Systems (SBIRS) Ground System to operate the Legacy Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Geosynchronous (GEO) space vehicles.
This project will design, procure, develop, integrate and test advanced technology RGS-A hardware and software capability to provide uplink and downlink capability to the Legacy SBIRS GEO, Defense Support Program (DSP), Next Gen GEO, and Next Generation Polar space vehicles. The Relay Ground Station Asia will be located in Guam and will provide connectivity between the satellites and end users.
Role Specific Duties:
· Provide expertise during all phases of testing and on-site integration of new or updated systems. Such effort may include analysis of system anomalies to identify system malfunction and analysis of system performance to identify requisite modifications.
· Support pre-installation checkout of equipment to determine suitability of said equipment for their intended use. Where checkout indicates discrepancies, make reports citing failures and prepare recommendations for corrective action.
· Support operational tests, checks, inspections, certifications and examination of material conditions of equipment/systems.
· Engineer tests, checks, inspections, certifications and evaluations of RF and Electronic equipment for RGS-A. RF and electronic equipment may consist of antennas, communications equipment, RF equipment and software.
· Develop test plans and test procedures to check out and verify operation of the RGS-A system.
· Observe and validate format-testing programs, including review of test plans and test procedures, witnessing of tests and examining the results for compliance with applicable specifications and requirements.
· Evaluate all significant parameters associated with mission performance and prepare a report which cites parameters which deviate from performance specifications or which could tend to either drive costs up by over testing or would degrade performance because of under-testing.
· Provide technical assistance to test, troubleshoot, isolate fault and repair electronic systems and equipment. Perform adjustments, alignments and calibrations of electronic equipment, to ensure system-level capability.
· Submit a summary of Progress, Status, and Management Report.
· Submit a trip report for each trip taken in the Technical Report – Study/Services, Trip Report.
· Eight (8) years of engineering experience with satellite communications systems.
· Three (3) years of experience with the development of ground terminal equipment to communicate with satellites.
· Three (3) years of experience with facilities and infrastructure for satellite communications systems.
· Three (3) years of experience with development of communications and networking equipment for baseband communications.
· Three (3) years of experience with requirements documentation, design documentation and interface documentation.
· Three (3) years of experience with test and evaluation for communications systems
· Must have an Active Secret Clearance
· Must have worked on a Federal project
Location of position: Naval Information Warfare Center in San Diego, CA
Length of position: 12 months
· 3 weeks of paid leave
· IRA with employer match
· Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
· Annual training
· Spot bonuses, generous Xmas party gifts
Matlock & Associates specializes in IT networking, IT security engineering, procurement, construction management, logistics, project management and manufacturing. We offer competitive, complete solutions for industries across the globe. The dynamic nature of Matlock & Associates internal structures allows our teams to quickly react to situations and develop a strategy for success.