Fort Belvoir, VA
Salary: $115,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
Matlock is in need of an innovative, Industrial/Producibility Engineer, fulltime position. We are looking for a top performer whom has attention to detail. The role is to provide senior level
industrial/producibility engineering services on PEO Soldier programs.
– Serves as subject matter expert for manufacturing, production engineering, and affordability on assigned programs.
Matlock is working with the Army in technology development. The Army program is in support of the Soldier Precision Targeting Devices (SPTD) under PM SSL.
Must possess a current final Secret clearance or have been cleared in the last 2 years with the following desired qualification:
Must have one of the following:
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Education and Experience Required:
BS Industrial Engineering or Equivalent engineering degree with
10 years relevant experience acting as a Subject matter expert for manufacturing, production engineering, manufacturing maturity, manufacturing risk and affordability; and has the ability to lead engineering efforts on assigned programs with minimal oversight from the Government lead.
Participate in design reviews and IPTs, with the goal of influencing the design
process, to ensure the design is stable and producible, efficient, and can be
manufactured using existing facilities, tools, equipment, and people.
– Evaluate production plans for assigned systems, and ensure the system contractor
has properly prepared for production, and has a plan of execution that is thorough
– Monitor execution of the production plan to ensure the design intent is achieved,
system is of high quality; processes are capable and focused on continuous
improvement, and that the required schedule is achievable with the current
– Reviews technical documentation such as specifications, engineering drawings,
system interface requirements, engineering changes, test plans/procedure/reports,
and failure reports for producibility and manufacturing concerns.
– Assess associated technology, design, and manufacturing maturity,
manufacturing risk, dependencies on foreign source materials, and evaluate the
– Conduct Production Readiness Reviews to determine whether the program is
ready to enter the production and deployment phase.
Review program management documents, such as acquisition strategy, for aspects related to manufacturing management, source selection, productivity improvement, and depot maintenance or repair facility operations.
– Audit process documentation and work instructions, identify deficiencies
relative to the contract requirements, and make recommendations for
– Evaluate proposed process improvements or lean six sigma efforts.
– Review supplier management, configuration management, and process controls
in place on contractor production lines.
Location of position: Fulltime position at Ft. Belvoir Virginia with quarterly travel possible. Remote flexibility is possible once work schedule is established but is not guaranteed
Great support Healthcare coverage, medical, dental and vision benefits
An excellent Simple IRA investment plan
Personal time off package