SMSe Applications Engineer
Matlock is looking for an experienced individual to join our team as an Security Management Systems enterprise Applications Engineer. The applications engineer will possess a bachelor’s or advanced degree in the field of computer science or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.This individual will have progressive experience with network management and analysis tools such as Solar Winds. IT certifications are a plus.The Contractor will have a solid working technical knowledge of software applications, protocols, and standards; hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience; knowledge of network security measures and of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
The applications engineer shall:
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of various applications.
Monitor and manage various hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and encryptors.
- Analyze application performance across the organization’s LANs and WANs.
- Provide performance statistics and reports.
- Identify and remedy system faults.
- Administer hardware and software upgrades for SMSe equipment.
- Perform research and development.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use and disaster recovery.
- Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain user accounts, permissions and access rights.
- Recommend, schedule and perform system improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure network products and services.
Experience Level Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related discipline
5 years experience with network management and analysis tools such as Solar Winds
Solid working technical knowledge of software applications, protocols, and standards
Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
Knowledge of network security measures and data privacy practices and laws
IT certifications are a plus
Secret or Top-Secret level clearance
Not required but highly favorable if with SCI access and COMSEC/crypto access require Final Top-Secret personnel clearance
To be considered: We must have a resume showing at a minimum.
- Years of Experience;
- Education level;
- Security clearance level;
- Statement of work history (including dates, employer, and title), description of experience and indicate whether experience is full time or part time;
- Length of time employed by the Offeror;
- Matlock will require a Contingency Offer Letter signed by the individual for the program during the screening and selection prior to actual employment
- Resume shall identify a start and end date (month and year) that the individual worked on each experience block or job reference cited in the resume.