Security Engineer (CISSP, NIST)
Matlock and Associates, LLC
3033 Wilson Blvd. Suite700, PMB #117
Arlington, VA 22201
At Matlock & Associates our mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for our passionate customers; a foundation for incredible impacts. We are passionate about connecting the perspectives of humanity in a way that influences and fosters positive change. We take it personal and we get close, we go all in with those affected by our work. The people we help, the missions we support, they change things, they push societies to a better place. We protect those brave and rare customers who strive to make others’ lives better.
Matlock is in need of an innovative Security Engineer (CISSP, NIST).
Role Specific Duties:
- Responsible for ensuring the platform continually aligns with NIST, FISMA and Federal agency policies and guidelines
- Lead security initiatives, mentor resources, provide best practices, and report on security state of the platform
- Will respond to assessment, accreditation, and remediation tasks, audit tasks and other system security related tasks
- Act as the interface between auditors and system subject matter experts
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Technical Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience in network security, Information Assurance/Information System Security Engineering
- Defense in Depth principles and technology including access/control, authorization, Identification and authentication, public key infrastructure, network, and enterprise security architecture
- Knowledge of exchange migrations cloud environment office 365, and hybrid
· Must have an Active Secret Clearance
· Must have worked on one Federal project
· Requires one of the following Certifications at start and other within 90 days of start:
o A cert to fulfil DOD 8570 IAT3 requirement like CISSP, CASP etc
o A cert to fulfill Computing Environment requirement like, CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, Palo Alto etc
Required Past Experience:
· Experience working on a Federal program.
· Experience working on a State Department program a preferred
· Experience working on a State Department, Diplomatic Security is preferred
Location of position: Contract position in Winchester, Virginia
Length of position: Permanent
· 3 weeks of PTO
· IRA with employer match
· Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
· Annual training
· Spot bonuses, generous Xmas party gifts
Matlock & Associates specializes in IT networking, IT security engineering, procurement, construction management, logistics, project management and manufacturing. We offer competitive, complete solutions for industries across the globe. The dynamic nature of Matlock & Associates internal structures allows our teams to quickly react to situations and develop a strategy for success. react to situations and develop a strategy for success.