Journeyman Information Security Analyst
Matlock and Associates, LLC
3033 Wilson Blvd. Suite700, PMB #117
Arlington, VA 22201
At Matlock & Associates our mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for our passionate customers; a foundation for incredible impacts. We are passionate about connecting the perspectives of humanity in a way that influences and fosters positive change. We take it personal and we get close, we go all in with those affected by our work. The people we help, the missions we support, they change things, they push societies to a better place. We protect those brave and rare customers who strive to make others’ lives better.
Matlock is seeking a Journeyman Information Security Analyst. Responsible for providing technical support by serving on complex projects, providing technical leadership on planning projects, and quality assurance/quality control. In-depth technical knowledge will be key in evaluating, recommending, and implementing specific program solutions, tools, and policies.
Role Specific Duties:
- Deploy local desktop antivirus software, check security setting and other protocols. Deploys patches and security upgrades as focused on desktop and laptop computers.
- Hardware, printers, scanners and other equipment are monitored by the Information Security Analyst who deploys hardware checks and monitors security setting and other protocols. The information is then documented, and policies are updated. Deploys patches and security upgrades as focused on network/server. The Security analyst records security information and updates policies and controls.
- Experience with OKTA a plus
- Experience with Mobile Iron or equivalent a plus
- Support and implement NIST cyber security framework
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience OR 5 years of work experience performing the stated or similar function
- Certifications in at least one of the following specialty areas:
- Systems Security Management/Analysis (461)
- Journeyman Proficiency Level
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- (3) years of work experience performing the stated or similar function
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance
- Must have worked on one Federal project
Required Past Experience:
- 5-7 year’s experience
- Experience working on a Federal program.
- Experience working on a State Department program a preferred
- Experience working on a State Department, Diplomatic Security is preferred
Location of position: Contract position in Winchester, Virginia
Length of position: Permanent
- 3 weeks of PTO
- IRA with employer match
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
- Annual training
- Spot bonuses, generous Xmas party gifts
Matlock & Associates specializes in IT networking, IT security engineering, procurement, construction management, logistics, project management and manufacturing. We offer competitive, complete solutions for industries across the globe. The dynamic nature of Matlock & Associates internal structures allows our teams to quickly react to situations and develop a strategy for success.