San Diego, CA
Matlock and Associates, LLC
3033 Wilson Blvd. Suite700, PMB #117
Arlington, VA 22201
At Matlock & Associates, our mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for our passionate customers; a foundation for incredible impacts. We are passionate about connecting the perspectives of humanity in a way that influences and fosters positive change. We take it personal and we get close, we go all in with those affected by our work. The people we help, the missions we support, they change things, they push societies to a better place. We protect those brave and rare customers who strive to make others’ lives better.
Matlock is in need of an innovative and detail-oriented Satellite Engineer for an integration engineering and engineering design project for the Relay Ground Station Asia System for Naval Information Warfare systems Command (NAVWAR), Naval Information Warfare center (NIWC) Pacific.
The Relay Ground Station-Asia (RGS-A) will enable the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Next Generation Space Based Infrared Systems (SBIRS) Ground System to operate the Legacy Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Geosynchronous (GEO) space vehicles.
This project will design, procure, develop, integrate and test advanced technology RGS-A hardware and software capability to provide uplink and downlink capability to the Legacy SBIRS GEO, Defense Support Program (DSP), Next Gen GEO, and Next Generation Polar space vehicles. The Relay Ground Station Asia will be located in Guam and will provide connectivity between the satellites and end users.
Role Specific Duties:
· Execute and integrate RGS-A including site and equipment surveys, requirements analysis, design, integration, installation and testing.
· Conduct Research, Development, Test and Engineering (RDT&E) efforts into new areas and prepare feasibility studies that provide sufficient depth analysis of suggested approaches to enable informed decision-makers to make best choices from among alternatives presented.
· Design documentation for the system and subsystems. This includes drawing and as-built drawings for the system and interface documentation.
· Develop documents for system certification and accreditation including performing necessary scans and patching of systems.
· Engineer tests, checks, inspections, certifications and evaluations of RF and Electronic equipment for RGS-A. RF and electronic equipment may consist of antennas, communications equipment, RF equipment and software.
· Observe and validate format-testing programs, including review of test plans and test procedures, witnessing of tests and examining the results for compliance with applicable specifications and requirements.
· Conduct operational tests, checks, inspections, certifications and examination of material conditions of equipment/systems.
· Minimum of three (3) years of engineering experience with satellite communications systems.
· One (1) year of experience in the development of ground terminal equipment to communicate with satellites.
· Knowledge of facilities and infrastructure for satellite communications systems
· Knowledge of development of communications and networking equipment for baseband communications
· Knowledge of requirements documentation, design documentation and interface documentation
· Knowledge of test and evaluation for communications systems
· Must have an Active Secret Clearance
· Must have worked on a Federal project
Location of position: Naval Information Warfare Center in San Diego, CA
Length of position: 12 months
· 3 weeks of paid leave
· IRA with employer match
· Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
· Annual training
· Spot bonuses, generous Xmas party gifts
Matlock & Associates specializes in IT networking, IT security engineering, procurement, construction management, logistics, project management and manufacturing. We offer competitive, complete solutions for industries across the globe. The dynamic nature of Matlock & Associates internal structures allows our teams to quickly react to situations and develop a strategy for success.