Electrical Engineer – Electro Optical
Fort Belvoir, VA
Salary: $135,000.00 to $145,000.00 /year
Matlock is looking for a talented individual, electrical engineer whom has the passion for the science of laser optics / electro-optical Engineering. Job will consist of very exciting innovative technology in optical engineering. Salary is based on how closely the candidate meets the requirements and is negotiable.
Key: This is not a laboratory position, must have program level experience in military or federal related field. Subject matter expert for Electro-optic engineering development, prototyping, integrating, and testing; and has the ability to lead engineering efforts on assigned programs with minimal oversight from the Government lead.Key: Looking for a mid level laser optic engineer.
Key: 7-12 years of experience is the ideal candidate bachelors or bachelors degree preferred over Masters or PHD, focused on program interface.
Key: Demonstrate background working as a Subject matter expert for Electro-optic engineering development, prototyping, integrating, and testing; and has the ability to lead engineering efforts on assigned programs with minimal oversight from the Government lead.
Key: Must have direct program management experience working for the federal government of US Military. Contractor experience for either applies
The program is an Army program and the candidate should have some experience with Federal or Military related programs. Exceptions to this will be considered for the right technical candidate. An army background or supporting an army program on the civilian side is a plus. Position is located at Army facility Ft. Belvoir, Virginia directly supporting the customer.
- Prefer a Bachelors in Electrical engineering, physics, Laser optics Engineering and federal experience is preferred
- Must have a bachelors degree
- 7-10 Years of Relevant Experience to the job responsibilities defined below
- 7-10 Years of relevant experience Subject matter expert for Electro-optic engineering development, prototyping, integrating, and testing; and has the ability to lead engineering efforts on assigned programs with minimal oversight from the Government lead.
- Experience working a Federal Government or Military Program.
- Equivalent or experience commensurate with DAWIA Level II SPRDE Certification is preferred but not mandatory
- Secret level clearance
Description of job responsiblities:
Main role is to be a subject matter expert, SETA for the government.
- Serves as laser and electro-optic engineer in PEO
- Soldier, providing technical services and recommendations for executing Soldier head, body, or weapons mounted sensor programs.
- Provides technical support and analysis in evaluation of sensor prototypes and systems, to include thermal imagers, image intensifiers, and lasers, to Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier Project Manager (PM) partners.
- Translates military operational and mission requirements (ground, sea, air, and space) into practical system concepts and performance specifications.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation such as specifications, engineering drawings, system interface requirements, and engineering changes.
- Participates in post awards, program reviews, design reviews, and IPTs as the project engineer and/or technical expert on assigned programs.
- Evaluates design efforts to ensure integration of all the engineering disciplines and adequacy of the analyses performed, and optimize size, weight, and power, with cost (SWaP-C).
- Reviews test plans, procedures, and reports for technical adequacy on assigned programs, for both Government and contractor tests, as well as all failure reports.
- Conduct and/or monitor lab, contractor, and field testing to assess system performance and compliance with requirements. Evaluate system performance against specification requirements and assess risk of meeting user and specification requirements.
- Make recommendations and present briefings and conduct demonstrations to senior level managers in Government and industry at program manager, SES, and
- Initiate and review engineering change proposals and waivers/deviations for technical merit, and conducts physical and functional configuration audits
- Determine or evaluate analysis needed to investigate failures or performance issues, and ensure appropriate and complete root cause corrective action is identified, validated, and implemented in all product as required.
- Recommend approaches to implement electro optic system level components into prototypes capable of achieving user requirements.
- Coordinate R&D efforts with DOD, National Labs, and appropriate international forums to leverage resources.
- Review program management documents to ensure accuracy and adequacy of technical content.
Job Type: Full-time
25% travel possible but not every quarter
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $145,000.00 /year