Mid-Level Server Administrator
Matlock and Associates, LLC
3033 Wilson Blvd. Suite700, PMB #117
Arlington, VA 22201
At Matlock & Associates our mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for our passionate customers; a foundation for incredible impacts. We are passionate about connecting the perspectives of humanity in a way that influences and fosters positive change. We take it personal and we get close, we go all in with those affected by our work. The people we help, the missions we support, they change things, they push societies to a better place. We protect those brave and rare customers who strive to make others’ lives better.
Matlock is in need of an innovative Mid-Level Server Administrator. Responsible for providing day-to-day system administration within the Windows Exchange Server to include application deployment and monitoring. The administrator is also responsible for responding to customer technical assistance questions and troubleshooting, working as needed with the government customer support team, development staff, and external service providers to resolve user and system problems.
Role Specific Duties:
o Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns primarily within the Exchange Server. Perform systems management and integration functions within the Exchange Server.
o G3 and G5 Government O365 exchange deployment, management and monitoring cloud hybrid and on premise.
o Office 365 Government Community G1-G5 plus Office desktop applications, personalized search and discovery, self-service business intelligence, enterprise management of apps, eDiscovery tools, hosted voicemail with auto-attendant capabilities, and other services.
o Maintain all systems to include, but not limited to, ADDC, DNS, O365 Exchange, etc.
o Manages and monitors wireless security client Mobile Iron or equivalent device management system
o Ensures vendor support contracts are maintained on the Exchange Server and software
o Assist the Systems Administrator in the management of systems infrastructure
o Ensure alert/critical notifications are configured for all systems peripherals
o manages the Verizon iPhones using IMEI’s for Matlock, however the Verizon account history shows MSA as the owner of the IMEI for the Verizon iPhones.
o Provides, deploys, manages Apple Business Manager (ABM) in the existing phones and ensure IMEI’s are loaded properly.
o EMM Platinum Subscription License with Direct Support (Per Device, Cloud) Professional Services Core Basic Deployment for Platinum bundle.
o Install the core functionality plus Sentry and VSP high availability. Team also deploys PKI. Team also integrates and documents work for the Cloud Solution.
o Maintain and monitor a stable environment for the following:
- Mail Flow Architecture
- Mail Forwarding scenarios
- Delegation and Sharing scenarios
- Bulk mailing options
- Primary SMTP address
- Resource Mailbox Requirements
- Mobile Device requirements
o Maintain and monitor Anti-Spam:
- Anti-Spam and Anti-Malware service configuration
- Block/Allow lists
o Maintain and monitor, deploy upgrades Security:
- In-Place Archiving
- Retention Tags and Retention Policies
- In-Place Hold and Litigation Hold
- In-Place eDiscovery
- SMTP security
- Transport rules
- Monitoring and message tracking requirements
- Define Authentication requirements
- Device management security software DMS (Mobile Iron or equivalent)
o Maintain and monitor Hybrid:
- Define Hybrid server resource requirements
- Define Hybrid high availability requirement
o The Implementation Phase includes a complete implementation for the Tenant Configuration, Directory Services, Exchange Online, and well as several other incorporated systems and support. This consists of the following:
o Tenant Configuration (Maintain and monitor)
- Maintain and monitor and Name Tenant in O365 portal
- Maintain and monitor Domain in Tenant
- Maintain and monitor Organization administrator accounts
o Directory Services (Maintain and monitor)
- Maintain and monitor and configure AAD connect
- Extend schema for Exchange for hybrid deployment
- Add additional domain controller to environment
- Install and configure ADFS (if Required)
o Exchange Online (Maintain and monitor)
- Install and configure Hybrid Server
- Configure email address policies
- Configure Anti-Spam and Anti-Malware policies
- Configure Auditing and Tracking
- Configure Mobile device settings
- Create user mailboxes
- Create resource mailboxes
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Technical Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in Messaging environments
- One of the following certifications in Lotus preferred:
- Required MCSE or MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Messaging))
- Required MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solution Associate) working towards MCSE.
- MSCE certification preferred
- Any email archiving Have current experience and/or certification with MS Exchange 2010, 2013, and/or 2016 solution training/certification
- 2+ years of relevant working experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of exchange migrations cloud environment office 365, and hybrid environments
- Excellent understanding of all Microsoft Server versions from server 2008-2019
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server and related technologies including Exchange 2010 and Exchange mail systems.
- Strong understanding of ADSI Edit
- Understanding of Microsoft Skype
- Knowledge of Blackberry Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) preferred
- Professional customer service skills
- Flexible, detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-manage tasks.
- Experience with Any Federal or Department of State Open Net / Go Virtual https://go.state.gov/logon/LogonPoint/index.html is a plus
· Must have an Active Secret Clearance
· Must have worked on one Federal project
Required Past Experience:
· Experience working on a Federal program.
· Experience working on a State Department program a preferred
· Experience working on a State Department, Diplomatic Security is preferred
Location of position: Contract position in Winchester, Virginia
Length of position: Permanent
· 3 weeks of PTO
· IRA with employer match
· Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
· Annual training
· Spot bonuses, generous Xmas party gifts
Matlock & Associates specializes in IT networking, IT security engineering, procurement, construction management, logistics, project management and manufacturing. We offer competitive, complete solutions for industries across the globe. The dynamic nature of Matlock & Associates internal structures allows our teams to quickly react to situations and develop a strategy for success.