Senior Exchange Systems Architect
Matlock and Associates, LLC
3033 Wilson Blvd. Suite700, PMB #117
Arlington, VA 22201
At Matlock & Associates our mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for our passionate customers; a foundation for incredible impacts. We are passionate about connecting the perspectives of humanity in a way that influences and fosters positive change. We take it personal and we get close, we go all in with those affected by our work. The people we help, the missions we support, they change things, they push societies to a better place. We protect those brave and rare customers who strive to make others’ lives better.
Matlock is in need of an innovative Senior Exchange Systems Architect. System to be hosted in the Azure or AWS Gov cloud, with on-site 24/7 support.
Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department. Performs full supervision of Operations staff.
On-site support is a multi-platform environment consists of physical and virtual servers, Windows and Linux servers, as well as appliances and cloud SaaS solutions. The Systems Administrator (SA) assists in the architecture, implementation, maintenance, break/fix, and monitoring of the server and storage infrastructure well as certain core applications.
The SA maintains and enhances Windows servers, Microsoft Azure/Amazon Gov Cloud and On-Premise Active Directory domain services; Microsoft Exchange On-premise and hybrid-exchange online servers, Office 365 and related messaging and collaboration systems including SharePoint online. Learns and lends assistance to a number of other solutions that are deployed within the Commission.
Role Specific Duties:
- Leads team to Assess organization then Design a G3 or G5 Office 365 (O365) Exchange Tenant.
- Implement a G3 or G5 Office 365 (O365) Exchange Tenant
- Design directory service
- Create the Exchange online design (Architecture Development/Anti-spam/Security/Hybrid Solution)
- Architecture development design the following:
- Mail Flow Architecture
- Mail Forwarding scenarios
- Delegation and Sharing scenarios
- Bulk mailing options
- Primary SMTP address
- Resource Mailbox Requirements
- Mobile Device requirements
- Anti-Spam and Anti-Malware service configuration
- Block/Allow lists
- In-Place Archiving
- Retention Tags and Retention Policies
- In-Place Hold and Litigation Hold
- In-Place eDiscovery
- SMTP security
- Transport rules
- Monitoring and message tracking requirements
- Define Authentication requirements
- Device management security software DMS (Mobile Iron or equivalent)
- Define Hybrid server resource requirements
- Define Hybrid high availability requirement
- The Implementation Phase includes a complete implementation for the Tenant Configuration, Directory Services, Exchange Online, and well as several other incorporated systems and support. This consists of the following:
- Tenant Configuration
- Add and Name Tenant in O365 portal
- Add Domain in Tenant
- Add Organization administrator accounts
- Directory Services
- Install and configure AAD connect
- Extend schema for Exchange for hybrid deployment
- Add additional domain controller to environment
- Install and configure ADFS (if Required)
- Exchange Online
- Install and configure Hybrid Server
- Configure email address policies
- Configure Anti-Spam and Anti-Malware policies
- Configure Auditing and Tracking
- Configure Mobile device settings
- Create user mailboxes
- Create resource mailboxes
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Demonstratable experience as the lead architect of a Microsoft Exchange systems using Microsoft exchange through GCC High or GCC Government
- Technical Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in Messaging environments
- One of the following certifications in Lotus preferred:
- Required MCSE or MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Messaging))
- Required MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solution Associate) working towards MCSE.
- MSCE certification preferred
- Any email archiving Have current experience and/or certification with MS Exchange 2010, 2013, and/or 2016 solution training/certification
- 2+ years of relevant working experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of exchange migrations cloud environment office 365, and hybrid environments
- Excellent understanding of all Microsoft Server versions from server 2008-2019
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server and related technologies including Exchange 2010 and Exchange mail systems.
- Strong understanding of ADSI Edit
- Understanding of Microsoft Skype
- Knowledge of Blackberry Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) preferred
- Professional customer service skills
- Flexible, detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-manage tasks.
- Experience with Any Federal or Department of State Open Net / Go Virtual https://go.state.gov/logon/LogonPoint/index.html is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in Microsoft Windows Server and Exchange 2010 &2013 administration
- Significant hands-on experience in administering large O365 (Office, Exchange, SharePoint, MS Teams, Azure AD, Intune), Exchange hybrid environments
- Extensive experience in PowerShell and Scripting to support administration and automation of Active Directory and Office 365 Technologies (MSOL, Exchange Online, SharePoint and OneDrive)
· Must have an Active Secret Clearance
· Must have worked on one Federal project
Required Past Experience:
· Experience working on a Federal program.
· Experience working on a State Department program a preferred
· Experience working on a State Department, Diplomatic Security is preferred
Location of position: Contract position in Winchester, Virginia
Length of position: Permanent
· 3 weeks of paid leave
· IRA with employer match
· Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
· Annual training
· Spot bonuses, generous Xmas party gifts
Matlock & Associates specializes in IT networking, IT security engineering, procurement, construction management, logistics, project management and manufacturing. We offer competitive, complete solutions for industries across the globe. The dynamic nature of Matlock & Associates internal structures allows our teams to quickly react to situations and develop a strategy for success.