Senior Network Administrator (Deputy Director)
Matlock and Associates, LLC
3033 Wilson Blvd. Suite700, PMB #117
Arlington, VA 22201
At Matlock & Associates our mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for our passionate customers; a foundation for incredible impacts. We are passionate about connecting the perspectives of humanity in a way that influences and fosters positive change. We take it personal and we get close, we go all in with those affected by our work. The people we help, the missions we support, they change things, they push societies to a better place. We protect those brave and rare customers who strive to make others’ lives better.
Matlock is in need of an innovative Senior Network Administrator (Deputy Director).
Position reports to the Director of Information Technology. Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert and leads a team of administrators and desktop support in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department. Performs full supervision of Operations staff.
Role Specific Duties:
- Analyze, test, troubleshoot, and evaluate the DSCTOC.us network systems, such as local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems. Perform network maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly with minimal interruption.
- Ensures vendor support contracts are maintained on all network peripherals
- Maintain inventory control and responsible for audits of all network peripherals
- Maintain documentation of network topology and subnets
- Ensures cleanliness/organization within all MDF’s and IDF’s
- Maintain and backup all configurations of all network peripherals
- Ensure all peripherals are up to date with firmware and/or software
· Monitors vendor responses when on site or during remote sessions
· Ensure alert/critical notifications are configured for all network peripherals
· Creating documentation and identification of all security points; re-configuring Avigilon, Winpak, and Honeywell access control system for proper operation with limited failures; with the expectation that our team maintains those documents and updates them as scope adjusts.
· Ensure and monitors completion of program policies and documents as it pertains to Information Technology and reports information to the Information Technology Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Technical Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts
· Active Security+ CE or other approved IAT Level II certification required
· Active CCNA certification required; CCNP preferred
· 5+ years of direct experience in Network Administration
· Must have an Active Secret Clearance
· Must have worked on one Federal project
Required Past Experience:
· Experience working on a Federal program.
· Experience working on a State Department program a preferred
· Experience working on a State Department, Diplomatic Security is preferred
Location of position: Contract position in Winchester, Virginia
Length of position: Permanent
· 3 weeks of PTO
· IRA with employer match
· Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
· Annual training
· Spot bonuses, generous Xmas party gifts
Matlock & Associates specializes in IT networking, IT security engineering, procurement, construction management, logistics, project management and manufacturing. We offer competitive, complete solutions for industries across the globe. The dynamic nature of Matlock & Associates internal structures allows our teams to quickly react to situations and develop a strategy for success.