Matlock and Associates, LLC
3033 Wilson Blvd. Suite700, PMB #117
Arlington, VA 22201
At Matlock & Associates our mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for our passionate customers; a foundation for incredible impacts. We are passionate about connecting the perspectives of humanity in a way that influences and fosters positive change. We take it personal and we get close, we go all in with those affected by our work. The people we help, the missions we support, they change things, they push societies to a better place. We protect those brave and rare customers who strive to make others’ lives better.
Matlock is in need of an innovative System Administrator. Hybrid system of on-Premise Network, Cisco, Palo Alto and VMWare Systems with aspects to be hosted in the Azure or AWS Gov cloud, with on-site 24/7 support.
Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department. Performs full supervision of Operations staff.
On-site support is a multi-platform environment consists of physical and virtual servers, Windows and Linux servers, as well as appliances and cloud SaaS solutions. The Systems Administrator (SA) assists in the architecture, implementation, maintenance, break/fix, and monitoring of the server and storage infrastructure well as certain core applications.
The SA maintains and enhances Windows servers, Microsoft Azure/Amazon Gov Cloud and On-Premise Active Directory domain services; Microsoft Exchange On-premise and hybrid-exchange online servers, Office 365 and related messaging and collaboration systems including SharePoint online. Learns and lends assistance to a number of other solutions that are deployed within the Commission.
Role Specific Duties:
· Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions.
- Ensures vendor support contracts are maintained on all systems peripherals and software
- Maintain all systems to include, but not limited to, ADDC, DHCP, DNS, SQL, Windows Server, Linux, Camera, NetAPP, ESXi, vCenter/VMWare, Access Control, McAfee EPO, Backup, SMS, PACS, alerting system etc.
- Maintain inventory control and responsible for audits of all systems peripherals to include software licensing
- Documentation of all systems peripherals, software and operating systems
· Ensures cleanliness/organization within server racks
· Monitors vendor responses when on site or during remote sessions
· Perform server migration along with backup and disaster recovery
· Ensure alert/critical notifications are configured for all systems peripherals
· Creating documentation and identification of all security points; re-configuring Avigilon, Winpak, and Honeywell access control system for proper operation with limited failures; with the expectation that our team maintains those documents and updates them as scope adjusts.
· Maintaining (88) cameras control and recording system. Video surveillance systems with enhanced access and management capabilities is complete. Camera systems are hosted on a local server that is administered and maintained onsite. Firm ware on the video surveillance system is maintained and updated.
· Archived data is managed and hosted by the Information Technology Team. The Archives are maintained on the network, Program tasks our IT Team to maintain the camera logs, archives, export archives when required.
· Inventory Control of IT Assets: Restructure and management of Inventory System as directed for proper inventory and control with purchase ordering and approval status for review by DOS. Software was implemented called Inventory Control. Supported the policy creation of the system. System is hosted on the Information Technology server. Wasp Inventory Control – Does the purchase orders and controls inventory locations, Wasp Mobile Asset – Maintains facilities inventory/locations, OSTicket, also known as the CVC Ticketing System – begins the procurement process of inventory when employees request purchases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Technical Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in Messaging environments
- One of the following certifications in Lotus preferred:
- Required MCSE or MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Messaging))
- Required MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solution Associate) working towards MCSE.
- MSCE certification preferred
- Any email archiving Have current experience and/or certification with MS Exchange 2010, 2013, and/or 2016 solution training/certification
- 2+ years of relevant working experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of exchange migrations cloud environment office 365, and hybrid environments
- Excellent understanding of all Microsoft Server versions from server 2008-2019
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server and related technologies including Exchange 2010 and Exchange mail systems.
- Strong understanding of ADSI Edit
- Understanding of Microsoft Skype
- Knowledge of Blackberry Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) preferred
- Professional customer service skills
- Flexible, detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-manage tasks.
- Experience with Any Federal or Department of State Open Net / Go Virtual https://go.state.gov/logon/LogonPoint/index.html is a plus
- 5+ years of experience working as a System Administrator
- 4+ years of experience working with VMware utilization technologies
- 2+ years of experience working with Microsoft System Administration including lodging scripting, Group Policy objects (GPO’s) and Windows servers roles including DHCP, DNS and active directory.
- 2+ years of experience with SAN storage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012 and 2016 System Administration and Troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of essentials for IT security and security administration.
· Must have an Active Secret Clearance
· Must have worked on one Federal project
- Information Assurance DOD 85701-M IAT Level II Certification.
- Must have Security + certification.
- Must have VMWare Certified Professional Certification.
Required Past Experience:
· Experience working on a Federal program.
· Experience working on a State Department program a preferred
· Experience working on a State Department, Diplomatic Security is preferred
Location of position: Contract position in Winchester, Virginia
Length of position: Permanent
· 3 weeks of paid leave
· IRA with employer match
· Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
· Annual training
· Spot bonuses, generous Xmas party gifts
Matlock & Associates specializes in IT networking, IT security engineering, procurement, construction management, logistics, project management and manufacturing. We offer competitive, complete solutions for industries across the globe. The dynamic nature of Matlock & Associates internal structures allows our teams to quickly react to situations and develop a strategy for success.