Desktop Support Analyst
Matlock & Associates
3033 Wilson Blvd. Suite700, PMB #117
Arlington, VA 22201
At Matlock & Associates our mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for our passionate customers; a foundation for incredible impacts. We are passionate about connecting the perspectives of humanity in a way that influences and fosters positive change. We take it personal and we get close, we go all in with those affected by our work. The people we help, the missions we support, they change things, they push societies to a better place. We protect those brave and rare customers who strive to make others’ lives better.
Matlock is in need of an innovative Desktop Support Analyst. System to be hosted in the Azure or AWS Gov cloud, with on-site 24/7 support.
Responsible for providing technical support for mission critical enterprise systems and complex operating systems, includes troubleshooting and offering viable solutions to various hardware and software problems. The Support Analyst will diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems and determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
Role Specific Duties:
- Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft office programs and exchange for desktop
- Ensure cameras are functional and recording
- Ensure cameras are presented for trainer viewing during testing periods
- Assist users at TIER1 level IT support issues via Matlock Ticketing system and escalate TIER 2 issues to administrators when required
- Configure/Build all end user peripherals
- Ensure all end user peripherals software and operating systems are upgraded as required
- Documentation of all systems peripherals, software and operating systems
- Work with administrators when required with IT support issues
- Ensures vendor support contracts are maintained on all end user peripherals
- Maintain inventory control and responsible for audits of all end user peripherals
- Issues all end user peripherals, i.e. cell phone, radio, etc.
- Assist clients with DSCTOC approved Bluetooth devices, i.e. mouse, keyboard and speakers
- Support Hardware (Printers, copiers, Scanners, Radios, cell phones, iPads)
- Inventory Control – Does the purchase orders and controls inventory locations, Wasp Mobile Asset – Maintains facilities inventory/locations, OSTicket, also known as the Ticketing System – begins the procurement process of inventory when employees request purchases
- WASP Managing the Inventory Control
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Technical Degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Professional customer service skills
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and iOS operating systems, as well as their installed software and configurations
- Use of Outlook and Sharepoint, including advanced capabilities
- Able to plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures
- Capable of communicating technical/complex information both verbally and in writing
- Able to establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility
- Flexible, detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-manage tasks
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance
- Must have worked on one Federal project
Required Past Experience:
- 3 years of experience
- Experience working on a Federal program.
- Experience working on a State Department program a preferred
- Experience working on a State Department, Diplomatic Security is preferred
Location of position: Contract position in Winchester, Virginia
Length of position: Permanent
- 3 weeks of PTO
- IRA with employer match
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
- Annual training
- Spot bonuses, generous Xmas party gifts
Matlock & Associates specializes in IT networking, IT security engineering, procurement, construction management, logistics, project management and manufacturing. We offer competitive, complete solutions for industries across the globe. The dynamic nature of Matlock & Associates internal structures allows our teams to quickly react to situations and develop a strategy for success.